Monday, November 26, 2007

A change in plans...again

Evie was supposed to have her surgery this morning, but she has been rescheduled once again. We were told this would only happen if they needed to do an emergency transplant on another child during the night prior. It turns out, that's exactly what happenend last night! It is wise of the surgeons to wait until they are fresh and rested to do Evie's surgery, and I completely understand why it is necessary to reschedule, but I'd be lying if I said Matt and I aren't severely disappointed. It is hard to keep preparing for her "big day" when it keeps changing. We'll update when we know the new schedule.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll STILL be praying all day -- maybe that will keep her next appointment open for her!

Patty

Anonymous said...

Nicole - -

We are praying for you and for Evie!

Talia

Anonymous said...

Nicole & Matt, We are praying for you and are thankful for Evie being so alert and healthy for the surgery. We will keep praying until we hear she is safely home with her mom and dad. love and prayers The Benders

ty said...

You and your little girl are in my prayers. We've prayed for you in one of my classes and in dorm as well. It is exciting to know that God will use this experience to speak to many people through such an appropriately named little girl.

May God bring you his peace today.

Anonymous said...

I guess it's all going to happen in God's timing! We are continuing to pray for Evie, the surgeons and both of you.

~Heather

Unknown said...

Nicole & Matt ~ You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray Evie will be healthy and home with you soon.

Angie Sonsteng

Anonymous said...

matt & nicole, I am keeping you in my prayers. I'll be praying that the next appointment will be her's. But it's also better to have surgeons that are rested and alert for her surgery. You are all in my prayers. Shar Brown (matt's past youth leader)

Nicole said...

Matt & Nicole,
I want to let you know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers!! I wish the best for Evie and for her to return home safe and healthy!!!