Monday, December 10, 2007
As is so often the case here at Children's Memorial, when somebody says something is going to happen at 9am, you can bet it probably won't get off the ground till noon. Because the cardio-vascular team is working on a case in the operating room this morning, we're now told the weaning off ECMO won't start till "mid-day". So we continue to wait here by Evie's side. She's doing alright. Her blood cultures to determine if she has contracted an infection are still inconclusive, but it often can take closer to 48 hours to determine if one has a minor infection or not (an aggressive infection would likely be showing clear signs by now.) Still, huge odds mount against Evie. Depending on how things go its possible we won't have any news until tomorrow.