About 3am this morning we got a call from the ICU telling us to hurry down. It was not good news. They had maxed out Evie's blood pressure medication yet her blood pressure was still dropping. The doctor was essentially telling us that Evie probably did not have much time left. We spent the morning in bitter tears as we watched and waited. Several hours passed and the morning round of doctors came. Assesing her situation, they noted that her bleeding is mostly stopped. They decided that Evie could possibly have one more chance if they put her on the ECMO machine again. We consented.
So Evie is so far stable on ECMO. The danger of the machine persists, and in addition to that we just don't know the status of Evie's organs. We'll spend the next 3-4 days giving Evie's heart some more "rest" and then next week we'll try to wean her off again. Evie has been through the ringer, and so have her parents. We're exhausted and are running low on faith. Pray for all three of us.