Things have remained mostly the same all day today. Not much to report, which for us is pretty disappointing since we really needed to see some progress today if only for our own sanity. We are feeling pretty jerked around by the ups and downs of her status, and now being on ECMO again has been very discouraging. We have been pretty low on faith these past 36 hours. However, one of our goals for today did begin to be accomplished in the last several hours. We wanted to see her maintain her blood pressure while reducing the amount of medication she's on and drawing fluid off of her body (she's still as bloated as she was coming out of the operating room--thus far, they haven't been able to remove fluid because her blood pressure would drop when they attempted to). Her care team has successfully begun to do this. Now we have to wait and see if it can continue. While this little bit of progress makes us feel like we can exhale a bit for tonight, we are very cautious with our optimism due to the emotional roller coaster we have been on since her operation. Her condition remains very serious.
Please pray that her stability continues and that we can see things move in the right direction, even if it is at a snail's pace.